Gadgets have been deprecated. See our for details.
You can use the Organization Chart gadget to build organization charts in your spreadsheets. Just follow these steps:
- In your spreadsheet, enter the names you'd like to include in your organization chart: in the 1st column, enter the employee name(s) or other data. In the 2nd column, enter the manager's name or other data.
- Highlight the cells where you entered data in step 1.
- Go to Insert > Gadget.
- In the Add Gadget window, click the Organizational link.
- Click the Add to your spreadsheet button beneath Organization Chart.
- The gadget menu appears in your spreadsheet. Enter a 'Range' and a 'Title.' The Range includes the two columns you created in step 1.
- Click Apply. The gadget appears in your spreadsheet.
In the example below, Malaika manages Christian, Lydie, Sophie and Lasse, while Regina manages everyone (including Malaika).
If you change any of the data relevant to this chart in your spreadsheet, the chart will update automatically. You don't need to repeat the steps above to edit this chart.