Create a Google form
Google Forms is a useful tool to help you plan events, send a survey, give students a quiz, or collect other information in an easy, streamlined way. A Google form can be connected to a Google spreadsheet. If a spreadsheet is linked to the form, responses will automatically be sent to the spreadsheet. Otherwise, users can view them on the “Summary of Responses” page accessible from the Responses menu.
You can create a form from your Drive or from any existing spreadsheet.
Create a form from your Drive:
- Click the red Create button, then Form.
- In the form template that opens, you can add any questions you'd like. You can also organize your form by adding headers and dividing your form into several pages. Learn more about editing your form.
- If you’d like those who complete your form to see a progress bar indicating how much of your form they’ve completed, check the box labeled “Show progress bar at the bottom of form pages.”
Create a form from a Google spreadsheet:
- While working with a spreadsheet, click the Insert menu and select Form.
- A message will display at the top of the page notifying you that a new form has been created.
- Click Add questions here to begin editing your form, or Dismiss to get rid of this message and continue editing your spreadsheet. (Note: If you dismiss this message, you can edit your form at any time by selecting the Form menu and clicking Edit form.)
- After creating a form from a Google spreadsheet, you’ll notice a new tab at the bottom of your spreadsheet labeled “Form responses.” As you might have guessed, this is where responses to your form will be added.