Insert images into a spreadsheet
Insert an image into a spreadsheet
To insert an image in your spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Click the Insert drop-down menu from the toolbar and select Image.
- Depending on what image you'd like to add to the spreadsheet, select from the following options:
- Upload: Choose an image from your computer and click the Upload button.
- Take a snapshot: Use your webcam to capture an image to use in your spreadsheet.
- URL: Type the URL of a an image from the Web and click Select.
- Google Image Search: Enter a search term to find an image using Google Image Search, and click Search images.
- Picasa Web Albums: Choose an image from one of your Picasa Web Albums and click Select.
- Stock photos: Search the stock photography archive and select an image.
- Once you've found what you were looking for, click the image and the Select button.
You'll be able to add images in any of these file types: .gif (not animated), .jpg, and .png. Images must be less than 2 MB.
To delete the image from the document, click the image and press the Delete key.
Inserting an image inside of a cell
To insert an image inside of a cell, you may use one of the following four options:
- =image("URL") or =image("URL", 1): Inserting this formula into a cell will scale the image to fit inside of the selected cell. If the cell is bigger than image you're inserting, the remainder of the cell will be white.
- =image("URL", 2): Inserting this formula will stretch the image to fit inside of the selected cell. The aspect ratio (height vs. width) of the image won't be preserved.
- =image("URL", 3): This formula will insert the image into the cell at its original size. If the image is bigger than the cell, some of the image may be cut off.
- =image("URL", 4, height, width): Inserting this formula allows you to customize the size of the image by specifying the height and width of the image in pixels. The height and width parameters are required for this option.