Back up iPhone data with Google Drive
You can use Google Drive to back up content on your iPhone and iCloud account.
- Photos will back up to Google Photos.
- Contacts will back up to Google Contacts.
- Calendar will back up to Google Calendar.
Before you back up
- Your phone must be on a Wi-Fi network to back up photos and videos.
- If you back up multiple times, only new photos will be backed up. It will also overwrite any previous backups for contacts and calendars.
- If you organized photos into albums, those albums will not back up to Google Photos.
- Contacts and calendars, from services like Facebook or Exchange will not back up.
Start your backup
- On your iPhone, install and open the Google Drive app.
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- At the top, tap Settings Backup.
- Tap Start backup.
You can see and use all your content across all devices after you back up.
- You can see your contacts after you turn on Google Contact sync on your iPhone or iPad.
- Your contacts from your iPhone and iCloud will be in a new group named after your device.
- You can see your calendar events on the Google Calendar app.
- Your events will be added to a new calendar named after your device.
You may see "Backup did not complete" when all or some of your content is not backed up.
- Make sure you update to the most recent version of Google Drive on your iPhone or iPad.
- If some of your content did not back up, try again. The issue may be temporary.
- If nothing backs up, make sure you’re connected to the Internet and try again.