To organize your photos and videos across services, you can add photos from Google Drive to Google Photos.
Before you get started
- The photo must be larger than 256 pixels.
- The file type must be .jpg, .gif, .webp, .tiff, or .raw.
- If you use a Google Account through work or school, you’ll have to download from Google Drive and re-upload to Google Photos.
Tip: Learn how to download all your photos and videos.
Add photos & videos from Google Drive to Google Photos
You can add photos and videos from Google Drive on a computer.
- On your computer, go to photos.google.com.
- At the top right, click Upload Google Drive.
- Find and select your photos.
- Click Upload.
What happens when you change or delete a photo
Any changes you make in Drive will only apply to Drive. Any changes you make in Photos will only apply to Photos.
Check your storage
Your photos and videos are stored using your Google Account's storage space.
- Items copied from Google Drive to Google Photos are uploaded based on your upload size, like High quality or Original quality.
- If you copy an item in Original quality from Google Drive to Google Photos, the new copy in Google Photos will also count against your storage quota.
- If you upload in High quality using Google Photos or Backup and sync, it will not count against your storage quota.
- Learn how to change your upload size.