Back up photos & videos automatically in Google Drive
Automatically back up and sync your photos and videos from your iPhone & iPad to Google Drive with Auto Backup.
Turn Auto Backup on or off
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Drive app .
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Settings Photos.
- Turn Auto Backup on or off.
Storage & cost
Photos use space in your Google Account
Your photos and videos are stored using your Google Account's storage space. You have 15 GB of free storage, but you can buy more.
Space used depends on your storage setting and which product you use
- Items uploaded via Google Drive count against your storage quota, regardless of size.
- Items uploaded via Google Photos:
- Don't use quota if they're stored in "High quality."
- Do use quota if they're stored in "Original quality."
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.