Back up photos & videos automatically
Automatically back up and sync your photos and videos to Google Drive by turning on Auto Backup. You can back up items like:
- Photos you take with your device’s camera.
- Photos you save on your computer.
Back up photos & videos from your computer
You can back up photos on your computer using Backup and Sync for Google Drive.
Storage & cost
Photos use space in your Google Account
Your photos and videos are stored using your Google Account's storage space. You have 15 GB of free storage, but you can buy more.
Space used depends on your storage setting and which product you use
- Items uploaded via Google Drive count against your storage quota, regardless of size.
- Items uploaded via Google Photos:
- Don't use quota if they're stored in "High quality."
- Do use quota if they're stored in "Original quality."
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.