Back up photos & videos automatically in Google Drive
Automatically add Google Photos to Google Drive
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app .
- In the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- To add your Google Photos to Google Drive, tap Auto Add.
Learn more about how to back up and sync your photos.
Storage & cost
Photos use space in your Google Account
Your photos and videos are stored using your Google Account's storage space. You have 15 GB of free storage, but you can buy more.
Space used depends on your storage setting and which product you use
- Items uploaded via Google Drive count against your storage quota, regardless of size.
- Items uploaded via Google Photos:
- Don't use quota if they're stored in "High quality."
- Do use quota if they're stored in "Original quality."
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.