Spell check in Google Sheets
You can use Google Sheets's spell checker to find misspelled words and see suggested spellings. Here's how:
- Click on the cell you'd like to start spell checking your spreadsheet from.
- Under the Tools menu, select Spelling...
- Incorrect words are automatically underlined in red. Simply click on a misspelled word to see suggested spellings and select the correct spelling from the list. If you'd like to keep the original spelling select the option at the bottom of the suggestions.
- Click the Next button to check the spelling on additional cells that you've selected.
- If your spreadsheet has more than one sheet, click the Move to next sheet button to spell check additional sheets.
- When you're done checking the spelling in all of your sheets, click the Done button or the X button in the upper right of the dialog.
Spell check is currently not available in the new Google Sheets, but will be coming soon.