Insert a link into a document
To add a link to your Google document, follow these instructions:
- Click anywhere in your document where you'd like the link to appear or highlight text that you would like associated with the link.
- Choose from the following options:
- Click the "Insert" drop-down menu and select Link.
- Click the link icon in the toolbar.
- Right click in your document and select the Link option.
- Use the Cmd + K keyboard shortcut.
- In the "Text" field that appears, type or edit the text you'd like the link to be associated with in your document. If you selected specific text when opening the tool, the text will already be visible. Leave this field blank if you want the full link to be displayed in your document.
- Type in the "Link" field to begin a search of relevant links and avoid having to copy and paste the exact address you are looking to use. This search can include results from:
- Web content
- Your Google Drive files
- Headers, bookmarks, and slides from the document or presentation you're editing
- Click Apply.