Using bookmarks in a document
Bookmarks are shortcuts to specific places within a document. They can be very useful when you need to make a table of contents, or when you want to jump from one part of a long document to another without scrolling.
Create a link to a bookmark
A bookmark is only useful when you can link to it. Here's how you can create a link to a bookmark:
- Highlight the text you'd like to link from. You can also just click anywhere in your document to create a link there.
- Click the Insert drop-down menu and select Link..., or click the link icon in the toolbar.
- In the 'Edit Link' window, select the 'Bookmark' option to see the bookmarks you've created.
- Click the bookmark you'd like to link to.
- Click OK.
If you need to edit or remove the link, click it and the 'Go to link' window appears. In this window, you can see the bookmark you're linking to, and the Change and Remove links.
Create a bookmark in a document
To create a bookmark in your document, follow these steps:
- Click where you want to place the bookmark in your document.
- Click the Insert drop-down menu.
- Select Bookmark.