Files you can store in Google Drive
These are the documents, spreadsheets, and presentation sizes you can store in Google Drive.
- Documents: Up to 1.02 million characters. If you convert a text document to Google Docs format, it can be up to 50 MB.
- Spreadsheets: Up to 2 million cells for spreadsheets that are created in or converted to Google Sheets.
- Presentations: Up to 100 MB for presentations converted to Google Slides.
- All other files: Up to 5 TB.
Supported file types
These are the most common file types you can view in Google Drive:
- Archive files (.ZIP, .RAR, tar, gzip)
- Audio formats (MP3, MPEG, WAV, .ogg)
- Image files (.JPEG, .PNG, .GIF, .BMP)
- Markup/Code (.CSS, .HTML, .PHP, .C, .CPP, .H, .HPP, .JS)
- Text files (.TXT)
- Video files (WebM, .MPEG4, .3GPP, .MOV, .AVI, .MPEGPS, .WMV, .FLV, .ogg)
- Autodesk AutoCad (.DXF)
- Illustrator (.AI)
- Photoshop (.PSD)
- Portable Document Format (.PDF)
- PostScript (.EPS, .PS)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG)
- Tagged Image File Format (.TIFF) - best with RGB .TIFF images
- TrueType (.TTF)
- Excel (.XLS and .XLSX)
- PowerPoint (.PPT and .PPTX)
- Word (.DOC and .DOCX)
- XML Paper Specification (.XPS)
Andrea is a Google Drive expert and wrote this page. Help her improve it by leaving feedback below.