Google Drive offer for HTC Android devices
Which HTC Android devices are eligible for additional storage on Google Drive?
- HTC One (M8), HTC One (E8), HTC One Mini 2, HTC Butterfly 2 (+100GB for two years)
- HTC Desire EYE, HTC Desire 820, HTC Desire 820q, HTC Desire 816, HTC Desire 610, HTC Desire 612, HTC Desire 620, HTC Desire 620 Dual SIM and HTC Desire 510 (+100GB for two years)
- HTC One max (+100GB for two years)
- When upgrade to HTC Sense 5+ and Sense 6 becomes available on certain 2013 HTC models, including HTC One, HTC One Dual SIM, HTC Butterfly S, HTC One Mini HTC Desire 500, HTC Desire 600 and HTC Desire 601. (+25GB for two years)
How can I check to see if I can redeem the offer?
- Launch the preloaded Google Drive application on your device
- Press Redeem when presented with this screen
- Follow the screen prompts to complete redemption
My offer was not redeemed. Why?
- You may not be able redeem an offer for a variety of reasons. Try these tips below to redeem your offer:
- Make sure you're connected to the Internet when trying to redeem.
- Make sure you're logged in to your Google Account or have a Google Account set up on the device.
I received the error message “The offer has already been redeemed on your device”?
- That means someone has already redeemed the offer on your device. You will not be able to redeem this offer twice.
I received the error message “The offer has already been redeemed by your Google Account”?
- This means your Google Account has already claimed this offer and you will not be able to redeem the offer a second time. You’re only able to redeem the offer one time per device and only once per Google Account. The same Google Account may not redeem the offer on more than one device.
I received the error message “Could not retrieve an offer. Please try again later.”?
- The voucher redemption server may be down temporarily, or you might not be connected to the internet. You can try again later by coming back to the Google Drive application and selecting the “Product Tour” menu item.
How long is this Drive storage offer valid?
- The offer must be redeemed before January 1, 2016. For most devices, you'll have your storage for 2 years, starting on the date you redeem the offer.
What happens to my files on Drive after the offer ends?
- All of your files will remain in Drive and you can access, download, or share them whenever you want. You won’t be able to add additional files if over quota unless you buy more storage at https://www.google.com/settings/storage.
Can I apply the storage to another Google Account?
- No. The free storage is not transferable and will only apply to the Google account you are using when you redeem the offer.
I purchased multiple Android Devices. Can I redeem the offer multiple times?
- You'll only be able to redeem one offer one time per device. You may redeem one +100GB offer and one +25GB offer on two eligible devices using the same Google Account. You may not redeem the offer of the same type on more than one account within a 12 month period.
If I purchased a used/refurbished HTC device or unlocked the bootloader on my device, can I redeem the offer?
- No. The offer is only available to original buyer of a device over its lifetime. Users who unlock the bootloader on their device are not eligible to receive this offer.
How do I see how much total space I have available in Drive?
- To view your storage quota from your Android device:
- Open the Google Drive application
- Select the Settings options from the application menu (in the Action bar)
- The total space remaining is listed at the bottom of the menu, under the Storage settings item
- Alternatively, you may also visit https://drive.google.com/settings to see the total space remaining.
Can enterprise customers redeem the additional Google Drive storage?
- Yes. The offer is valid for all eligible Android devices.
How can I speak to someone about redeeming the additional Google Drive storage?
If you are experiencing issues, please please reach out to the device manufacturer.
How do I purchase more storage?
Visit https://www.google.com/settings/storage to add additional Drive storage.
How is my privacy being protected?
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.