Scan documents like receipts, letters, and billing statements to save them as searchable PDFs on your Google Drive.
Scan a document
Important: Google respects your privacy and doesn’t use your Drive content for advertising. Learn more about how Drive protects your privacy.
- Open the Google Drive app .
- In the bottom right, tap Add .
- Tap Scan .
- Take a photo of the document you'd like to scan.
- Adjust scan area: Tap Crop .
- Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page .
- Scan another page: Tap Add .
- Create your own title or select a suggested title.
- Suggested titles are only available in the United States.
- To save the finished document, tap Save .
Add a scanning shortcut to your Home screen
To set up a shortcut to scan documents:
- Open your Android phone or tablet’s widgets.
- Find the "Drive scan" widget.
- Touch and hold the widget.
- Drag it onto your Home screen. You may be asked to select an account.
- Choose the folder you’ll save documents inside. If you want to create a folder, tap New Folder .
- Tap Select. You’ll see the folder name in the widget.