Host web pages with Google Drive
Note: This feature will not be available after August 31, 2016.
You can host webpages with Google Drive until August 31, 2016. After that, googledrive.com/host/ID will no longer work.
- Find a new website host with Google Domains
- Learn more about why webpage hosting is being discontinued.
Publish webpages with Google Drive
Note: Google Drive does not support web resources that use server-side scripting languages, like PHP.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Select a file.
- At the top, click Share.
- At the bottom right of the sharing box, click Advanced.
- Click Change…
- Click On - Public on the web > Save.
- Copy the document ID in the field below "Link to share." The document ID is made up of numbers, uppercase letters, and lowercase letters between slashes in the URL.
- Share the URL that looks like "www.googledrive.com/host/[doc id]. Anyone can now view your webpage.
- Note: [doc id] represents the document ID you copied earlier.
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.