Purchase, cancellation, & refund policies
By default, your storage purchase is set to automatically renew at the end of your subscription. At any point during your subscription, you can upgrade to a larger storage plan. You'll upgrade to your new storage level immediately, and your credit card will be charged when you run out of credit.
If you purchased a storage subscription under the old pricing plan, you can renew your subscription until you choose to upgrade or until your payment information expires.
If the auto-renewal fails, a seven-day grace period will be added to your subscription so that you're able to update your payment information. During this grace period, you won't lose access to anything in your Google Account or your current storage plan.
If you use Gmail and the auto-renewal fails, your storage plan will be extended for seven days so you can update your payment information. You can use those extra seven days to clear space in your account or buy a new storage plan.
If your storage plan is canceled or expires
If you cancel your storage plan or when your storage plan expires, your storage limits will reset to the free levels for each product at the end of your billing cycle. Everything in Google Drive, Google Photos, and Gmail will still be accessible, but you won't be able to create or add anything new over the free storage limit. If you reach or exceed the free storage limit:
- Google Drive: You won't be able to sync or upload new files. Syncing between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive will stop. You can still create Google documents because they don't take up any storage space.
- Google Photos: If you store photos in Original quality and run out of storage space, you can buy more storage, back up in High quality (lower resolution), or turn off back up.
- Gmail: You won't be able to send or receive messages.
Cancel your subscription
You can cancel your storage subscription at any time.
Cancel a Drive storage plan
- Go to www.google.com/settings/storage.
- Sign into the Google Account where you purchased storage.
- Under your plan, click Cancel.
- Review changes to storage that will take place after cancellation. Confirm by clicking Cancel plan.
- You'll receive a confirmation email of your subscription cancellation. On the start of the next month of your plan, you'll be downgraded to the free storage levels for Google Drive, Google Photos, and Gmail.
Cancel storage on your Google One membership
To end your Google One plan:
- On your computer, go to Google One.
- On the left, click Settings Cancel membership.
- In Google Play, next to "Google One," click Manage Cancel subscription.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
If you've upgraded to Google One but want a different plan, learn how to change your storage.
Google storage plan purchases are non-refundable. The amount of storage you purchased is yours for the length of the subscription, even if you decide to cancel it.