By default, your storage purchase is set to automatically renew at the end of your subscription. At any point during your subscription, you can upgrade to a larger storage plan. You'll upgrade to your new storage level immediately, and your credit card will be charged when you run out of credit.
If you purchased a storage subscription under the old pricing plan, you can renew your subscription until you choose to upgrade or until your payment information expires.
If the auto-renewal fails, a seven-day grace period will be added to your subscription so that you're able to update your payment information. During this grace period, you won't lose access to anything in your Google Account or your current storage plan.
If you use Gmail and the auto-renewal fails, your storage plan will be extended for seven days so you can update your payment information. You can use those extra seven days to clear space in your account or buy a new storage plan.
If your storage plan is canceled or expires
If you cancel your storage plan, you’ll lose all additional storage for your account. At the end of your billing cycle, you may be over quota.
If you’re over your storage quota for 2 years, all the content that counts toward your storage quota may be deleted.
Once you reach or exceed the no charge storage quota:
- Gmail: You can’t send or receive messages. Messages sent to you are returned to the sender.
- Google Drive:
- You can’t sync or upload new files.
- You can’t create new files in:
- Google Docs
- Until you reduce the amount of storage you use, neither you nor anyone else can edit or copy your files.
- Syncs stop between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive.
- Google Photos: You can’t back up any photos or videos. If you want to add more photos and videos, you can clean up Google storage space or buy more Google storage.
Cancel your subscription
You can cancel your storage subscription at any time.
Cancel a Drive storage plan
- Go to www.google.com/settings/storage.
- Sign into the Google Account where you purchased storage.
- Under your plan, click Cancel.
- Review changes to storage that will take place after cancellation. Confirm by clicking Cancel plan.
- You'll receive a confirmation email of your subscription cancellation. On the start of the next month of your plan, you'll be downgraded to the 15GB of personal storage for Google Drive, Google Photos, and Gmail.
Cancel storage on your Google One membership
Google storage plan purchases are non-refundable. The amount of storage you purchased is yours for the length of the subscription, even if you decide to cancel it. In some countries/regions, you can end your subscription immediately and receive a partial refund.
For Play Store purchases, go to YouTube Premium and Music Premium refunds.
For Apple App Store purchases, request a refund from Apple support.