Format text on a slide
Google Slides makes it easy to change the font or color of text.
When you first create a presentation in Google Slides, the default font is Arial. To change it, simply select a different font from the font drop-down menu in the toolbar.
If you'd like to choose a different font for a particular section of the presentation, select the text you'd like to change, click the font menu, and select a font. The changes are applied to the selected text.
At the top of your font list, you will see a section of your most recently used fonts.
Adding fonts to your font list
You can also add fonts to your font list if your language setting is one of the following languages:
Here's how to add a font to your font list:
- At the bottom of your font list, select “Add fonts.”
- A font picker will let you "shop" for web fonts for your font list.
- Click a font to add it to your "My fonts" list.
- Sort fonts in the list by using the Sort and Show drop-down menus, or use the search box to search for a specific font.
- Click OK when you’re finished.
When you return to your presentation, your new fonts will be highlighted in your font list. Fonts you add to your list will show in collaborators' font lists.
Change the color of text
To choose a text color or a highlight color for a text selection, select the text you'd like to modify. Then, click the button in the toolbar menu, choose either “Text” or “Highlight,” and select a color.