Report abuse in Google Drive
As a Google Drive user, you have the ability to report behavior that you consider to be a violation of Google's Terms of Service or program policies. Although we rely on our users to report violations, not all reports will result in action.
Report abuse within a Google document
The fastest and most secure way to report abuse on a file or Google document:
- Go to the Help menu.
- Select Report Abuse.
Allow approximately 24 hours from the time you submit the report to receive a response. Your report of abuse doesn't guarantee removal of the item or any other action on Google's part. Material which you disagree with or deem inappropriate is not always a violation of Google's Terms of Service.
Actions we may take on abusive material
- Removing the material from your account.
- Restricting access to this content by limiting who can view it. Restrictions include a warning page prior to viewing the material, hiding it from people who are using Safe Browse and SafeSearch.
- Disabling the person's access to one or more Google products.
- Deleting the person's Google Account.
- Reporting illegal materials to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Automated abuse reporting
We also use automated scanning to prevent abuse in Google Drive. If an item you own is showing a Terms of Service violation error message, you can appeal the violation.