Store and play video in Google Drive
You can store and play videos directly from Google Drive.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your photos app.
- Select the video you want to upload.
- Tap Share .
- Tap Save to Drive.
- Tap Save.
Note: For best upload speed, upload videos over a Wi-Fi connection.
To find your uploaded videos:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app.
- In the top right, tap Search .
- In the list, tap Videos.
- To play your video, tap the one you want to watch.
Limits for video
- You can store videos up to 5 TB if you have purchased at least that much storage. Otherwise you are limited to how much storage you have available.
- You can upload video of any resolution, but maximum playback resolution is 1920 x 1080.
File types for video
Not all video types may work on all devices.
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec; Vorbis Audio codec)
- MPEG4, 3GPP, and MOV files (h264 and MPEG4 video codecs; AAC audio codec)
- AVI (MJPEG video codec; PCM audio)
- MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec; MP2 audio)
- FLV (Adobe - FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
When you upload or watch video in Drive, you may see some of the following error messages.
The video may be corrupted or uploaded in a format that won’t work. Try to upload the video again or in a different format.
The video is not ready to be played.
If the file is large, it may take awhile before your video is ready. Try again in a while.
The video is not ready to be played. Try again in a few minutes.
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.