Video files in Google Drive
Upload, sync, and even play videos in your online Google Drive.
Google Drive gives you control over all of your file types in a single place, including video files. With Google Drive, you can:
- Sync or upload video files up to 10GB in size
- Sync or upload video files in the following formats:
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec; Vorbis Audio codec)
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - (h264 and mpeg4 video codecs; AAC audio codec)
- .AVI (MJPEG video codec; PCM audio)
- .MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec; MP2 audio)
- .FLV (Adobe - FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
- View all of your videos at a glance
- Share videos with other people without ever having to use an email attachment
- Add caption tracks to your video files.
Tips and notes
- Sync or upload your video in the original format and in the highest quality possible. The maximum resolution for playback is 1920x1080.
- Audio and video lengths should be the same, audio and video should start and end at the same time.
Preview and play a video
All of your uploaded videos can be found when you search Google Drive for Videos using the drop-down arrow in the search box. Click a file name to open and play the video using the Google Drive video player.
Or, you can watch a video preview in the preview pane.
When you open a video, you'll also see additional information about the file:
- Sharing settings
- When the file was synced or uploaded
- Download previous versions of the file (you can’t view these versions in the video player).
Below are some error messages you might see while trying to watch a video in Google Drive, and some possible solutions.
|"The video is not yet processed." or "This video is currently unavailable."||Please try opening the file again later.|
|"Unable to process this video."||The video file might be corrupted, or the video has been uploaded in a format that doesn't work with the player. Please either choose a different format or try uploading the video again.|