Manually download a file to your computer
Manual download is when you select individual files and folders to download to your computer's hard drive, which is different than the automatic syncing that happens when you use Google Drive for your Mac/PC. Even if you use Google Drive for your Mac/PC to automatically sync your files, you can manually download a file to a different location on your computer.
You can download these files to your computer in the following formats:
- For documents: HTML, RTF, Word, Open Office, PDF, Text file.
- For spreadsheets: CSV, HTML, ODS, PDF, XLS, TXT (only for a single sheet)
- For presentations: PDF, PPTX, TXT
- For drawings: PNG, JPEG, SVG, PDF
Download a file to your computer from Google Drive
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the item(s) that you'd like to download.
- Expand the More drop-down menu, and select Download...
- Select a file format to which you'd like convert and download your item, such as Microsoft Word. If you select multiple items, they'll be compressed into a .zip file
- Click Download.
You can also download a file when you're viewing the file. Go to the File menu, point your mouse to Download as, and select a file format.