Download files from Google Drive with a computer, Android or iOS device.
Important: If you try to download a suspicious file, you may get a warning message. Use caution if you download the file.
Download a file
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Click a file to download.
- To download multiple files, press Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) click any other files.
- Right-click click Download.
Tip: You can't drag a file or folder directly to your desktop.
If you can't download a file
If you can't download a file, the owner may have disabled options to print, download or copy for people who only have comment or view access.Blocked third-party cookies can prevent Drive Web downloads
Drive Web uses third-party cookies to communicate with Google's secure download server. Blocking third-party cookies in Chrome will prevent you from downloading through Google Drive. If you want to block third-party cookies and still download from Drive, allow third-party cookies just for Drive.
- Type chrome://settings/cookies in the browser address bar press Enter.
- On the right, click Add.
- In the 'Add a site' window, enter drive.google.com.
- Make sure to select the tick box Including third-party cookies on this site click Add.
If you still have problems downloading files from Drive, you can:
- Make sure that third-party cookies are allowed for Drive at chrome://settings/cookies.
- It should say 'Including third-party cookies on this site' below the site exception for drive.google.com. If it doesn't, click Bin to remove the site follow steps 2-5 above.
- Turn off all extensions and try to download. If you can download a file, turn the extensions on one at a time to identify any with problems.