Download a file
Download files from Google Drive using a computer or an Android device.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Click a file to download.
(To download multiple files, press Shift or Ctrl while clicking other files.)
- Right-click and click Download.
Note: Dragging a file from Google Drive to your desktop won’t download it.
Frequently asked questions
You can download files in these formats:
- Documents: HTML, RTF, DOCX, OpenOffice, PDF, EPUB, Text.
- Spreadsheets: CSV, HTML, ODS, PDF, XLSX, TSV (only for a single sheet).
- Presentations: PDF, PPTX, TXT.
- Drawings: PNG, JPEG, SVG, PDF.
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.