View and manage file versions
See who has made changes to your Google Docs and when those changes happened. You might see changes when someone:
- Edits or comments on a Google Doc
- Renames a file or folder
- Moves or removes a file or folder
- Uploads a new file to a folder
- Shares or unshares an item
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Open a Google file (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings).
- In the toolbar at the top, click File.
- Click See revision history.
- Choose a version in the right panel to see changes. The color of the revised text will match the person who made the edits.
- Click Restore this revision to replace the current version.
Note: Google Forms does not have revision history.
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.