View activity & file versions
See changes made to your files in Drive and keep track of who made those changes. You might see changes when someone:
- Edits or comments in Google Docs
- Renames a file or folder
- Moves or removes a file or folder
- Uploads a new file to a folder
- Shares or unshares an item
View past activity
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app.
- Next to the file you want to check, tap More .
- Tap Details & activity.
- Scroll down until you see "Activity."
Restore recent versions
To restore recent versions of PDF files, images, and other files, go to drive.google.com on a computer.
Version history for Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides is different than file versions in Google Drive. Learn how to see the history of changes for Google files.