See changes made to your files in Drive and keep track of who made those changes. You might see changes when someone:
- Edits or comments in Google Docs
- Renames a file or folder
- Moves or removes a file or folder
- Uploads a new file to a folder
- Shares or unshares an item
Important: Version history for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is different than history for .pdf files, images, and other files stored in Drive. Learn how to see the history of changes for Google files.
View past activity
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app.
- Next to the file you want to check, tap More .
- Tap Details & activity.
- Scroll down until you see "Activity."
Restore recent versions
To restore recent versions of PDF files, images, and other files, go to drive.google.com on a computer.
Version history for Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides is different than file versions in Google Drive. Learn how to see the history of changes for Google files.