Sort your files
Sort your files in Google Drive so you can find them easily.
- Go to drive.google.com or open one of the Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screens.
- In the top right, click Sort .
- Choose an option:
- Name: Orders files alphabetically by filename.
- Last modified: Orders files by the last time anyone changed a file.
- Last modified by me: Orders by the last time you changed a file.
- Last opened by me: Orders by the last time you opened a file.
Note: Sorting your files is not available when you use the "Recent" tab.
Find recently edited files
You can see the most recent files that anyone has edited.
- In the top right, click Information .
- Click Activity.
- To open a file, click on the file name.
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.