Your Google Account starts with 15 GB of free storage to use across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. You can buy more storage within Google Drive, or upgrade to Google One, to get extra benefits.
- At any time, you can change your storage plan to either a monthly or annual fee.
- A Google One subscription doesn’t expire -- it’ll renew automatically unless you change your settings.
- When you switch to a different payment schedule, it can take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect.
- You may be charged local taxes or fees in addition to the prices listed. Google doesn't charge extra fees.
- Buying Google storage is only available in some countries. Find countries where you can buy storage.
You can get extra storage for your Google products.
If you already pay for a Drive plan, you'll be automatically upgraded to Google One for free. Learn more about how your existing storage works with Google One.
If you don't have a Drive plan, you can become a Google One member to get more storage, help from experts, and extra member benefits.
Note: Before upgrading your storage, make sure your payment method is up to date. Learn how to update your payment details.
After you upgrade, your Google One membership replaces your current Drive storage plan. Google One members get even more storage space, plus exclusive benefits and family plan sharing. If you want more storage space as a Google One member, follow the steps below.
Buy storage via the Google One app
- On your Android phone or tablet, make sure you're signed into your Google account.
- From the Play Store, download the Google One app.
- In the Google One app, at the bottom, tap Upgrade.
- Choose your new storage limit.
- Review the new plan pricing and payment date, then tap Continue.
- To confirm your Google One plan, select your payment method and tap Subscribe.
You can also use Google One on your computer if you visit one.google.com.
Buy storage via the Google Drive app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app .
- If you don't have it, download the Google Drive app.
- On the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- Tap Upgrade Storage.
- Scroll down and choose a different storage plan.
- To see other plans, tap More options.
- Choose your payment type and tap Subscribe.
- How your existing storage works with Google One
- How much Google One costs in your location
- How to switch to a monthly or yearly storage plan
If you had a Google Drive storage subscription that expired, visit the Google Play Store to renew your subscription.
Improve collaboration and stay connected with Google Workspace Essentials
If your company wants better collaboration and more storage for work projects, you can sign up for a Google Workspace Essentials account. To sign up, use your business email address.
A Google Workspace Essentials account provides:
- Secure, reliable video conferencing
- Shared drive space where teams can store all of their content
- Collaboration apps like Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Security, privacy, and compliance tools
- No domain verification or IT involvement required
Check if your Google Drive storage is updated
After you purchase storage on Google Drive:
- It can take up to 24 hours for the storage to be available. You can check your storage at https://www.google.com/settings/storage.
- If your storage is incorrect, sign in to your Google Account to see if your payment went through.
Switch to a plan with less storage
If you don’t use all the space you have right now, or you want to pay less for Google storage, downgrade or cancel your storage plan.