The latest versions of Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms are compatible with the following operating systems and browsers.
Other browsers may work, but you might not be able to use all of the features.
Drive for desktop
You can download and use Drive for desktop on these operating systems:
- Windows 7 and up
- Windows Server 2012 and up
- macOS Mojave 10.14 and up
- Drive for desktop isn't available for the Linux operating system. You can use Google Drive on the web.
- Support for Windows 7 ends in January 2023.
- Support for MacOS versions lower than 10.15.7 ends in January 2023.
- To edit with real-time presence in Microsoft Office, you need Office 2010 or up.
- Drive for desktop doesn't support Windows ARM-based devices.
- To use Windows 7 with Drive for desktop, you need at least the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and must install Microsoft’s security update KB4474419
- Drive for desktop doesn't support operating systems in beta and may not perform as expected.