About “Shared with me”
The Shared with me view in the left sidebar lets you view the files and folders that other people have shared with you. You’ll be able to see the files and folders that have been shared with you, beginning with the most recent. You’ll also see these details:
- A time stamp indicating when the file was shared with you
- The owner of the file or folder
- Unopened files, or files that have been been changed since you last viewed them, appear in bold
What's in "Shared with me"
Shared with me only lists files and folders that include your email address in their “Share settings.” That means that someone with file editing permission specifically included your email address in the “Share settings” of the file or folder.
You won’t see files in this view with share settings set to “Anyone with the link” or “Public.” Instead, try searching your Google Drive or looking for these items in the All items view.
Sync shared files with My Drive
To make sure something shared with you is the most current version in the Drive folder on your Mac or PC, you need to store it in My Drive in Drive on the web. Here’s how to add something to My Drive from the Shared with me view:
- Sign in to drive.google.com.
- Click Shared with me in the menu on the left.
- Select the files or folders you'd like to have synced.
- Click the Add to My Drive button. The selected files will automatically sync to the Google Drive folder on your computer.