Shared with me
The "Shared with me" view in Google Drive lets you see the files and folders that other people have shared with you, beginning with the most recent.
You’ll also see:
- A date stamp that shows when the file was shared with you.
- The owner of the file or folder.
- The document type.
- The name of the folder the item is in if it was added to "My Drive."
"Shared with me" lists only files and folders that include your email address in their share settings. You won’t see files with share settings set to "Anyone with the link" or "Public."
Add files to "My Drive"
To get the most current version of a file in the Drive folder on your desktop, add the file to "My Drive" in Google Drive on the web.
To add a file to "My Drive":
- Sign in to drive.google.com.
- On the left, click Shared with me.
- Click a file.
- At the top, or from the right-click menu, click Add to My Drive .
Andrea is a Google Drive expert and wrote this page. Help her improve it by leaving feedback below.