Google Drive on the web
You can change a number of settings in Google Drive on the web.
- Open Google Drive at drive.google.com.
- Click the settings icon in the top right .
- Select Settings.
- Depending on the version of Google Drive you’re using, you may see the following options:
- Convert uploads
- Manage apps
- Opt-in/Opt-out of offline
- Time zone
- Bold any updated items
- Show right-to-left controls
Google Drive settings carry over to the Google Docs editor home screens by default. To adjust a setting from within the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screens, click the menu icon > Settings.
Google Drive for your Mac/PC
You can change a number of settings in Drive on your Mac or PC.
- Click the Google Drive icon .
- On a Mac, the icon is usually found in the menu bar at the top right of your desktop screen.
- On a PC, the icon is usually found in the taskbar in the bottom right of your desktop screen.
- Click the overflow icon in the top right .
- Select Preferences.
- Change any of the desired settings from the list below.
- Disconnect account: Connect your Google Drive desktop folder to another Google Account (not recommended).
- Get more storage: Purchase additional Google Drive storage.
Under "Sync options":
- Only sync some folders to this computer: Select which "My Drive" folders to sync to your computer. De-select the folders you don’t want to sync.
- Sync shared items: If you’re using the new Google Drive, add files and folders from “Incoming” to “My Drive” to sync to your computer. If you’re using the classic Google Drive, add files and folders from “Shared with me” to “My Drive” to sync to your computer.
- Start Google Drive automatically when you start your computer: Launch Google Drive and start syncing "My Drive" to the Google Drive for desktop folder on your computer.
- Send crash reports and usage statistics to Google: Send information to Google to help us prioritize features and improvements we should work on.
- Proxy: Switch between "Direct connection" and "Automatically detect proxy settings".
- Bandwidth settings: Choose how much bandwidth Drive leaves for other programs on your computer (in kilobytes per second) or choose “Don’t limit” to choose the fastest rate.
- Misc: Show file sync status icons.