Google Drive settings
Customize Google Drive by changing your online settings or desktop preferences at any time.
Google Drive on the web settings
Change any of the following online settings in drive.google.com by clicking the gear icon in the upper corner and selecting “Settings” from the drop-down menu:
- Time zone
- Bold any updated items
- Show right-to-left controls
Google Drive for your Mac/PC preferences
Adjust any of the following preferences on your computer by opening the Google Drive settings menu.
- Disconnect account: Connect your Google Drive desktop folder to another Google Account (not recommended).
- Get more storage: Purchase additional Google Drive storage.
- Only sync some folders to this computer: Select which My Drive folders to sync to your computer. De-select the folders you don’t want to sync.
- Visit Shared With Me to sync shared items: Add files and folders from My Drive to Shared with me to sync to your computer.
- Start Google Drive automatically when you start your computer: Launches Google Drive and starts syncing My Drive to the Google Drive for desktop folder on your computer.
- Misc: Show file sync status icons.
- Proxy: Switch between "Direct connection" and "Automatically detect proxy" settings.