Use the Save to Google Drive Chrome extension
The Save to Google Drive Chrome extension makes it easy to save images, videos, audio, PDFs, documents, and other file types that you find on the web directly to your Google Drive.
Install the extension
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and find the Save to Google Drive Chrome extension.
- Click the blue +Free button.
- Select Add.
Save something to Google Drive
Right-click on a link, image, HTML5 audio, or HTML5 video and choose one of the following options to access these items later directly from Drive:
- For links and URLs: “Save Link to Google Drive”
- For images: “Save Image to Google Drive”
- For HTML5 audio: “Save Audio to Google Drive”
- For HTML5 video: “Save Video to Google Drive”
If you want to save a webpage you’re looking at, click on the Google Drive icon in the upper right hand corner of Chrome to save it to your Drive.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.