Use Google Drive files offline
If you aren't connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network, you can still view and edit files, including:
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
Open files offline
To turn on offline access:
- You must be connected to the Internet.
- Use the Google Chrome browser.
- Don't use incognito mode.
- Install and enable Google Docs offline Chrome extension.
- Make sure you have enough free space on your device to save your files.
Open your Google Drive files offline
- Open Chrome. Make sure you're signed in to Chrome.
- Go to drive.google.com/drive/settings.
Check the box next to "Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides & Drawings files to this computer so that you can edit offline."
To work on files offline from a computer, learn how to install Backup and Sync.