Insert, format, and edit tables in a slide
Add a table
To add a table to a slide in your presentation, follow these steps:
- Open your presentation and select a slide.
- Go to the Table menu, and select Insert table.
- Select the dimensions for your table.
Once your table appears on your slide, you can start editing it.
Edit a table
Add rows and columns
- Click inside the table to select a cell or row.
- Go to the Table menu and select from the following options:
- Insert row above the selected cell/row
- Insert row below the selected cell/row
- Insert column to the right of the selected cell/column
- Insert column to the left of the selected cell/column
- Or, right click a cell or cell range to access a menu that lets you to insert or delete rows and columns. You can also add rows to the table by selecting the cell in the bottom right corner and pressing Tab.
Format the table
To change the background color of a table or a cell range within a table, select a range of cells. Then, click the Fill color icon (paint bucket icon), and select a color.
You can also change cell border color and thickness for the entire table, a cell range within the table, or an individual cell. Here’s how:
- Select the cell or cell range that you’d like to edit.
- Then, click on the blue triangle in the upper right of the cell or cell range.
- Choose one of the nine options to format the borders from the drop-down menu.
- After you select an option, the selected cell borders will be highlighted. Then, you can format the cell borders using the Line weight, Line dash or Line decorations options under the Format menu.
Resize table, rows and columns
To resize a table, point your mouse to any of the four corners of the table. When the mouse pointer becomes an arrow, you can resize by dragging inward or outward.
Here’s how to resize an individual row or column:
- After inserting a table into a slide, point your mouse to any of the inner borders of a cell. The mouse pointer becomes a two-sided arrow.
- Drag the arrow to resize a column or row.
You can also make the rows or columns of your table evenly distributed (so that every row or every column is the same size). Here’s how to distribute rows or columns evenly:
- Click a table within your presentation to select it.
- Click the Table menu.
- Click either Distribute rows or Distribute columns.
Merge table cells
- Highlight the cells you’d like to merge.
- Go to the Table menu and select Merge cells.
- To unmerge cells, highlight the cell and select Unmerge cells from the Table menu.