Import slides from another presentation
Importing slides is an easy way to reuse slides from an existing presentation (if you'd like to transfer slides from the old version to the new version of Google presentations, for example).
To import slides, follow these steps:
- Go to the File menu and select Import slides.
- Here, select a presentation that's already saved in Google Docs or choose a presentation to upload from your computer. Click Select.
- Choose which slides in the presentation you’d like to import. Use the Select Slides: All option to quickly select all slides, or manually select slides that you’d like to import.
- Leave the box next to "Keep original theme" checked if you'd like to import your slides unmodified. Uncheck the box if you'd like the slides to fit into the look of your new presentation.
- Click Import to finish.
If you receive an error message while importing a file into Google presentations, it could be for one of the following reasons:
- The file is over our maximum import size of 50MB.
- The file isn't one of Google presentations’ supported file types. Google presentations supports imports in .ppt and .pptx format, as well as any Google presentation.