About the template gallery tabs
The template gallery includes these tabs:
- Public Templates: displays all templates submitted to the public gallery.
- 'Your domain' Templates: shows templates submitted and shared within a domain. This is available only in Google Apps for Business and Education.
- Templates I've used: lists templates that you've used from the public gallery. It shows only the 20 most recent templates.
- My Templates: shows all the templates you've submitted to the public gallery.
Note: to find what you're looking for quickly on any of the tabs, use the filters on the left side of the page to narrow your search.Find a useful template
You can use our template gallery to create your document, spreadsheet, presentation, or form. Whether you need a resume and cover letter, an invoice, a birthday card, or any of a wide variety of templates, our gallery can help you get your doc started.
Here's how you can find a template:
- From within Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms, click the File menu, then New, and then select From template....
- From the templates gallery site, you can browse templates by category. You can sort templates by popularity or rating, and by category or type of document. If you'd like to return to an unfiltered view of the gallery after sorting templates, simply click All templates or All categories.
Searching for templates
Once you're in the template gallery, you can search for templates by language. Select a language from the Narrow by language drop-down menu on the left side of the page, underneath the 'Narrow by category' section. If you'd like to search for templates in all languages, select All languages.
If you'd like to return to an unfiltered view of the gallery after performing a search, simply click Clear Search.
Once you find a template you like, you can preview it and use it.
To preview a template, click the Preview link on the right, and a full screen preview of the template appears in a new window.
To use a template, click Use this template and a copy of the template is created and added to your Docs list. You can start editing this document directly in Google Docs and sharing it with others. You need to be signed in to your Google Account in order to use a template.
When you use a template, you create your own copy, so it doesn't matter if the template owner changes or deletes the original template; your copy remains unchanged.
If no templates appear after you click on a category, you could still have a search applied. If you do, click the Clear Search link to clear the search and show all templates in that category.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.