Share your document with other people
Now that you've created your Google document, you can share it with your friends, family, or coworkers. You can do this from your Drive or directly from the document.
- From your Drive, select the document you want to share (you can also select multiple documents), and click the Share button.
- From your document, click the blue Share button in the top right of the window.
Then, follow these instructions:
- Under "Add people," type the email addresses of people you want to share your document with. You can add a single person or a mailing list.
- To the right of the list of names, select "Can view," "Can edit," or "Can comment" from the drop-down menu.
- If you'd like to add a message to your invitation, click Add message and enter some text.
- Click Share & save. To skip sending an invitation, deselect the option 'Send email notifications (recommended).' Your collaborators and viewers will still be able to access the document from their Drive, but won't receive an email invitation.
In the 'Sharing settings' dialog, you can also see who has access to your document, change the level of access people have, remove editors, commenters, and viewers, and change your document's visibility option.