Is Google Drive secure?
When you upload files to Google Drive, they are stored in secure data centers.
- If your computer, phone, or tablet is lost or broken, you can still access your files from other devices.
- Your files are private unless you share them.
To help ensure your Google Drive files are private:
- If you share a phone or tablet, sign out of your Google Account when you're done.
- We suggest you don't install Google Drive on a shared or public phone or tablet. Anyone who uses the phone or tablet could access your files.
- Learn more about Google Account security.
Note: You cannot set a passcode for the Google Drive app, but you can set one for your device.