Is Google Drive secure?
When you upload files to Google Drive, they are stored in secure data centers.
- If your computer, phone, or tablet is lost or broken, you can still access your files from other devices.
- Your files are private unless you share them.
To help ensure your Google Drive files are private:
- If you share a computer, sign out of your Google Account when you're done.
- We suggest you don't install Google Drive on a shared or public computer. Anyone who uses the computer could access your files.
- Learn more about Google Account security.
Evan is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.