Ask a question or share an idea
Dory Q&A is an internal Google tool to spark engaging conversations between speakers and attendees. Ask questions, share ideas, vote and comment on those of others. Depending on the event, you can use Dory Q&A before, during, or after the event (check out your event site on when Dory opens and closes). Here's how to make the most of it.
Access Dory Q&A
Open your event app or site.
Tap a session to see its details.
Click the Dory Q&A link.
Not all sessions avail for Dory Q&A. If you don’t see the link in session details, Dory Q&A isn’t available.
Tap the plus icon if you're in the app, or click Compose if you're on a website.
Type your question in the Submission field.
- Tap or click Submit.
Click More on a question for direct links to share, to report abuse, close a question that has been answered, delete, and more.
Thumbs up to upvote.
Thumbs down to downvote.
Comment to read or add comments.
To delete a comment, click More and choose Delete .
Use the menu at the top right corner to:
Sort or filter submissions to see the top, the newest, submissions with most comments, your submissions, closed or resolved by you, etc.
Search for submissions within a dory.
Refresh submissions within a dory to get the newly posted ones.
Using Dory Q&A during its open period
Check out your event site on when Dory Q&A opens and closes for your event. It's up to event organizers when to make it available: sometimes it's only before or only during the event.
Using Dory before the event is a chance to start your conversation with the speaker early. Ask questions and share ideas to let the speaker know what you're interested in and would like them to cover during the session.
- If you don't get a chance to ask your question live, or don’t want to in front of the audience, Dory’s your chance to do it. Asking good thoughtful questions and commenting on those of others can help you make connections and stand out in a crowd.
- During the event you can ask questions about specific points in the presentation. If you don’t understand anything, most likely some other people in the audience don’t either.
- Stay active, vote and comment on the questions and ideas you're interested in to move them to the top.
Speakers will be responding to questions and following up on your comments after the session. Check Dory Q&A after the event to make sure you don't miss a thing!
Dory Q&A content policy
Questions or comments on Dory Q&A are subject to moderation and may be edited or removed at Google's discretion. Google reserves its right to prohibit inappropriate, profane, hateful, or harassing content of any kind on Dory Q&A including the following content:
- Profanity and inappropriate language. Don't use obscene, profane, or offensive language, or nonsensical content that carries no actual meaning.
- Unwanted and deceptive content. We do not allow spam, including unwanted promotional or commercial content, content that is created by an automated program, repetitive content, or anything that appears to be a mass solicitation.
- Sexually explicit materials. Do not distribute content that contains nudity, graphic sex acts, or sexually explicit material.