Transferring .co.uk domains in
Before you begin: To transfer a .co.uk domain, you must be able to log into the current registrar or Nominet.uk as the owner of the domain.
Transferring a .co.uk domain to Google Domains follows a different procedure from transferring other domains. Nominet, the registry for .co.uk, uses a "push transfer" process:
- First, you must change the Registrar tag for your domain at your current registrar to GOOGLE.
- Then, your current registrar will then alert the registry.
- Then the registry alerts Google Domains of the transfer, and we complete the transfer.
To transfer in a .CO.UK domain:
- Go to the registrar where the domain is currently registered and log in as the owner of the domain you are transferring. Follow the registrar's transfer out instructions for .co.uk domains.
Note: If you cannot log in to your current registrar, you can log into Nominet.uk as the owner of the domain and perform the same steps there.
- At the current registrar, make sure the Registrant contact email address for the domain is correct and that you have access to it. To verify and complete the transfer, we will send a message to this address.
- At the current registrar enter or select GOOGLE for the Registrar tag (the destination of the transfer).
- Google Domains will send an you an email to complete the transfer. Check the email for the Registrant email address for the domain, and click Confirm Transfer in the email.
- You will be taken directly to Google Domains to perform the next step. You should see the domain you are transferring in in the top box. Click on the domain to finish the transfer steps.
Don't see your domain? Try changing your login
- In the upper right corner of your browser there will be either Sign In button or a circle with your initial or an image of your account. Click on that.
- Select or add the email Registrant email address of the domain you are transferring.
- Import your web settings:
- If you have a website and/or email on your domain and you do not use custom name servers, select Detect and import my domain's current settings.
- If you use custom name servers (3rd-party DNS hosting, for example AWS or Bluehost), select Don't import my settings.
- Transfer! Click Transfer, and Google Domains will send an email to the Registrant email address to complete the transfer.
- Check your email and follow the instructions to verify and complete the transfer.
- You can return to the Transfer in page to track the status of your transfer.