Transfers of .co.uk and .uk domains to Google Domains involve the Nominet.uk registry. Each transfer request should only be for one domain.Transfer .co.uk & .uk domains to Google Domains
Nominet, the registry for .co.uk and .uk, uses a “push transfer” process.
Important: Before you begin the transfer:
- You must have the contact email of the domain’s current registrant. To verify and complete the transfer, Google Domains sends a message to the registrant’s email.
- Make sure to sign in to the correct Google account. Learn how to sign in to multiple accounts.
Transfer your domain
- On your computer, sign in to the registrar of the domain you want to transfer.
- Follow the registrar's transfer out instructions for .co.uk and .uk domains.
- As the transfer destination, enter or select GOOGLE.
- Check the registrant’s email for a message from Google Domains. In the email, click on Cancel or approve transfer. This will open the Google Domains product web page to complete the transfer process.
- Click Continue.
- To complete the transfer, complete the steps to import your web settings and configure your registration settings.
Tip: If you can’t sign in to your current registrar, sign in to Nominet.uk as the domain owner and follow the steps there.
- On your computer, sign in to Google Domains.
- Click the name of the domain you want to transfer.
- In the top left, click Menu Registration settings.
- Under "Transfer out," click Choose registrar.
- Click Unlock & Continue.
- Tip: If necessary, sign in to the new domain registrar.
- In the “Who are you transferring to?" screen, enter the tag for the registrar you want to transfer to.
- Tip: To find the tag, you can go to nominet.uk/registrar-list/ and search for your new registrar. The registrar tag is a code Nominet recognizes. Tags are usually based on the name of the company. For example, the registrar tag for Google Domains is "GOOGLE."
- To confirm the transfer on Google Domains, click Transfer Yes, Continue.
- Go to your new registrar and follow the transfer instructions. You may receive an email from your new registrar to finish the transfer process.
Tip: If you don't get a confirmation email within a few days, go to the Nominet website and follow the transfer instructions. You may need to pay a fee to transfer through the Nominet site.