In Google Sites, you can easily add web addresses for personal or business use. The web addresses are automatically redirected to land on your webpage.
The steps to add web addresses are different based on your Google Account type:
- Personal Google Account: If you own your Google Account
- G Suite Account: If you use a Google Account through your work or school
To add your subdomain as a web address for a site you created on Google Sites, you first need to create a CNAME record in Google Domains. To create a CNAME record:
- Sign in to Google Domains.
- Select the name of your domain.
- Open the Menu .
- Click DNS.
- Scroll to Custom resource records.
- In the “@” field, enter the subdomain of the web address you want to use with the Google Site, such as, “
- Click the “A” field dropdown and select CNAME.
In the “Domain name” field, enter
- Click Add.
Add web addresses with your personal Google Account
The steps to add a web address in Google Sites are different based on whether you created a site with a regular Gmail account or an account through G Suite. Follow the steps below based on your Google Account.
Choose one of the following, based on whether you created your site in the new or classic Google Sites.
Add web addresses in the new Google Sites
To add up to 5 URLs to your Google site:
- On your computer, open your site in the new Google Sites.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- In the "Settings" window, go to Custom URLs.
- Enter your custom URL.
- Click Assign.
Add web addresses in the classic Google Sites
To add a web address in classic Google Sites, follow these steps:
- On your computer, open your site in the classic Google Sites.
- In the top right, click More actions .
- Select Manage site.
- On the left, click Web address.
- Under "Add a web address," enter the address of the subdomain you want to add.
- For example:
- For example:
- At the top, click Add.
To add a web address in Google Sites if you have an account through G Suite, follow the steps below:
Important: Before taking these steps, make sure you’ve created a CNAME record in Google Domains.
- On your computer, open the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps G Suite Sites.
- To add a custom URL, click Custom URL .
- Select site type:
- New Sites
- Classic Sites
- Click Continue.
- Enter your Google Sites URL and click Continue.
- Enter the subdomain you want to use and click Continue.
- Click Add custom URL.