When you register a domain, you must submit contact information for that domain. There are 3 types of contact information:
- Registrant: Owner of the domain
- Admin: Person responsible for administrative decisions about your domain
- Tech: Person responsible for technical changes to your domain
How to change contact information
To update your contact information, take the following steps.
- Sign in to Google Domains.
- Select the name of your domain.
- Open the menu .
- Click Registration settings.
- Scroll down to Personal contact information.
- Click Edit below the type of contact information to make changes.
- After you edit, click Save.
- Select how you want to receive a verification code.
- Email: Check the email address in your contact information. Follow the link in the email to verify the change.
- Text message or phone call: Check for a 6-digit code in a text or voice message. Enter the code in Google Domains, and click Accept and Continue.
About non-ASCII characters
You can use non-ASCII characters in your contact information. However, some domains do not support these characters in WHOIS results. In these cases, results substitute English alphabet (ASCII) approximations for any international characters you include in public contact information.You cannot include non-ASCII characters in contact email for domains that do not support international characters. Check the list of character sets each domain ending supports provided by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).