- Privacy protection on: Does not provide your personal contact information
- Privacy protection off: Provides some or all of your personal contact information.
Depending on the registry, some information (organisation name, address and email ID) might be shown or hidden in WHOIS no matter what the privacy protection setting is.
About privacy protection
Privacy protection helps you avoid spam and protect your contact information. When privacy protection is on, anyone who looks up your domain in WHOIS sees alternative contact information provided by a third-party privacy provider. For example:
To change your privacy setting at any time, follow these steps:
- Open Google Domains.
- Select the name of your domain.
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click Registration settings.
- Scroll to Privacy protection.
- Select a privacy option:
- Privacy protection on (private registration)
- Privacy protection off (public registration)
Public registration for .COM and .NET domains
Domains that end with .COM and .NET automatically hide some registration information in WHOIS lookups, even if privacy protection is off. By default, only the following information is shown:
- Organisation name
With .COM and .NET domains, you have the option to publish all your information. To publish all information, follow these steps:
- Change your privacy registration setting to Privacy protection off.
- Select Make all contact information public.
- In the consent dialogue, select Yes, make it public.