/docs/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Student submitted Google Form, but her response is not showing up. Help! 0 Recommended Answers 222 Replies 1291 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
Hi! I searched for answers to my question before posting, and I did find threads where teachers seemed to be experiencing the same issue, but none of the responses have solved my problem. My issue, in a nutshell, is that a student submitted a quiz on Google Forms and I can see that the submission was made via Google Classroom, but when I go to the form to grade it (the quiz had both multiple choice and short response questions, so I need to grade the short responses), the student's quiz is not there. I am looking under the Response tab; I have tried searching by the student's email address; I have tried looking through the responses for ungraded responses--nothing is showing as ungraded.

First, I am confident that the student in question actually submitted the quiz. (I also had all the questions set to "required," so even if a kid weaseled around a question by putting in a single character for a short response question, I still got their quiz.) Second, I have not had difficulty viewing, grading, or importing any other student's responses for this assignment. Third, I have waited twenty four hours in hopes that there was simply a delay (as has happened to me in the past).

Does anyone have any suggestions? (I have seen several responses to this same problem that walk teachers through how to get to the Response tab, but I know how to do that, and that isn't the trouble. The trouble is with the response not showing up under that tab.)

Thanks in advance!
Details
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (222)
Relevant Answer
I am having the exact same problem! This seems to be showing up often with no solution. Please help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having this problem with a few students. However, 100 can access the form and submit it just fine. I wonder if it is an internet or personal computer problem.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. Students replying but no form answers are present. Classroom says turned in but no form responses! Frustrating.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am experiencing the same issue.This issue is occurring in 2 different classes with a different student in each. It has happened to the same student with different forms. However, they have also submitted answers in forms and the results show up. I have even double-checked using the time stamp of when they 'turned it in' just to be sure I didn't accidentally look past it. The results for these students are not there. I hope someone has a post that can help me (and the others)  find where the responses went.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having the same problem.  
Since submitting their Form by the deadline is part of their grade, I've set up collect email addresses in the Settings and check the boxes, Response Receipt and Always.  Even when their submissions don't make it into the associated Google Sheet, they will get the receipt if it was submitted successfully (I think).
If they don't get credit for the assignment, I have them send me their email receipts.  They know this is their responsibility. Today is the first documented instance when the student submitted the Form; received his receipt, and there was no corresponding entry in the Sheet.  Clearly, there is a problem with this Googles App.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same problem.  My students are completing and submitting their assignments, but when I log in to grade, in the files area it states that no files were submitted.  I am unable to see the assignment and parents are stating that the students have completed the assignment and turn in.  This is happening to all of my students on different assignments.  There are times when logging in is required to see the student's assignment and for them to see what I post, but we all are unable to sign/log in. What could the problem be?   HELP IS NEEDED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am seeing something like this as well but sometimes I’ll see the file they sent has no answers. It’s just the file I had as an attachment on the assignment. Parents are saying the work was sent but I it’s not with answers

The other problem is much like yo all, student ta areaubmiting but no file exists and then when the parent tries to help them resend it, they are getting an error on their side stating it was already submitted.   

Hopefully someone in the community can answer or maybe point us n the right direction to troubleshoot this
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please help.  I have students who have completed their QUIZ ASSIGNMENT and when I check it tells me the there are no files submitted.  They have sent me a screen shot showing it was done but I cannot for the life of me find the submitted results of the QUIZ Assignment.  I have done everything that is required, including make the QUIZ ASSIGNMENT a quiz by actually pressing the Make this Quiz button.

I even created a student account for myself and tried it and it happens to me.  Please help.
What happens is after doing the QUIZ ASSIGNMENT it automatically turns the submit button to "Turned In Late" and shows Unsubmit.  

HELP!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here, does this maybe have to do with some who use the app and some others who work online via website? Might there be a glitch in the app? It seems the work from the person using the app goes missing and their status is shown as "not handed in".... also is there a way to be able to overwrite the "not handed in" to submitted? Although I have assigned a grade, status remains the same or is marked as "draft`".
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I think you might be right, the kids might be playing us.  I hate to be such a pessimist, but it keeps happening with the same student who just so happens to be a weak student.  Why does this not happen with my better students?
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/docs/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic