/docs/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Google Docs Margin Errors
Hi! I opened my Google Docs today only to find out that the right margin is completely messed up, words are running off the end of the page to disappear forever. I also cannot highlight anything or move the cursor. All of the margins are set to 1 inch but clearly that isn't happening, I've refreshed, I've logged out and back in again, I've turned restarted my laptop, and nothing appears to be working. Would really appreciate any help. It currently looks like this:
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (119)
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is happening to me too!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My documents are doing this too! GOOGLE GET TO FIXING THIS ASAP I HAVE ESSAYS DUE!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem! I tried clearing my cache as well as disabling all my extensions and it's still like this even if I refresh. I'm hoping it's just a bug but it's really annoying..
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
People on reddit are saying that its happening only on chrome but seems to be working on alternative browsers. I just tried it on microsoft edge and the issue went away.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
To those who are having same issue as myself, if you need urgent fix and are using google chrome switch to firefox as it works fine on there from what I have experienced! Hope it helps others as well
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
такая же проблема! из меню "справка" не открывается пункт "помочь улучшить документ"
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue for me too - every Google doc of mine I've checked so far (using Chrome). Tried quitting Chrome and restarting my computer (pretty new iMac).
marked this as an answer
Forum volunteer, not Google employee
Relevant Answer
Others are saying that this is specific to Chrome browsers. Please try to open your documents in Edge, Safari, or Firefox while this is being resolved. I'll post as soon as I get an update.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I disabled my adBlocker and Google Doc worked fine again. But still, hopefully there will be a fix because not having adBlocker on is very annoying...

I turned it off for Google Doc, but still kept it on for other websites and so far everything seems to be working fine.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I completely reset my Chrome browser and it seems to have fixed everything for now.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please solve this for me as well, Google. A lot of my documents for work are on google doc and I can't even edit it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Im currently experiencing this gaaaah
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I´ve also been having the same issue with all the docs files, can confirm that it does work on Edge and safari.
marked this as an answer
Forum volunteer, not Google employee
Relevant Answer
If you have not done this yet, please try the general troubleshooting instructions provided in the Help Center.

First, I would try using an incognito window to see if this resolves the issue. Second, if that doesn't work, please disable any ad-blockers that you may be using (I know, that stinks) to see if that is causing the issue. If neither of those options work, please continue with the other troubleshooting steps. 

This issue might also be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration for your browser:
For Chrome: From chrome://settings/ under Advanced > System > Disable Hardware Acceleration 
If that doesn't fix it, I would recommend re-enabling it so that performance doesn't suffer in other sites.

Please report in with any steps that appear to work for you. If turning off an extension is the resolution, please tell us specifically what extension is behaving poorly. 

(T.D. can you share what extension you were using?)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Amplifying that disabling adblocker fixed the issue for me in Chrome.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I turned off Adblocker plus while using chrome broswer and the issue went away. Turning off hardware acceleration with adblock plus still on also seemed to work.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I tried all steps, none worked, except disabling the adblock extension, thet one turned off and bug fixed
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I realised it was my Adblock Plus chrome extension creating this issue for me. I switched this off, refreshed my google docs and now my google docs work fine!! Guess I have to source for a new AdBlock extension...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I also have the same problem. It works after turning off the ad-blocker. But is there any long-term solution?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having the same issue. It does seem to be the AdBlock extension, because when I pause it on a particular document, it reverts to normal, while other documents with AdBlock unpaused continue to have the problem.

So you don't have to disable AdBlock entirely--pausing it on individual documents and reloading them also solves the problem at least temporarily. 

Interestingly, AdBlock is also preventing me from reporting the problem--when I click on "Help Docs improve", nothing happens with AdBlock on. When I pause it, the dialog box pops up and takes a screenshot of my (now completely normal-looking) document. So add that to the list of symptoms, I guess.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
it is indeed the adblocker, thank you so much!!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
проблема исчезает при отключении расширения AdBlock в браузере Chrome
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you, disabling the Ad Blocker worked for me
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have figured it out. The reason (for me) it was because of my Ad-Blocker Plugin. So I had to whitelist the site name "docs.google.com"...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yup can confirm it's the adblocker. Definitely a very new issue too. Well good thing you can pause it on certain websites entirely.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes, disabled the ad blocker and the documents reformatted correctly. Furthermore, I could also get my cursor in the middle of lines, instead of only on the right margin.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Facing the same problem! It is back to normal once I disabled my ad blocker.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This Answer is awesome and very helpful.
Ad blocker was the issue. so I disabled it for this site.
thanks you.​
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If you use adblocker plus, disable ads for google docs. Go to your main documents page and click the ABP button and disable for all google docs. This will resolve the issue and you will still have adblocker active for all other sites
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Huh. I thought it was just my computer. But yeah, it appears to be the AdBlock extensions.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I deactivated plugins and tried on my phone and through Chrome incognito mode. Luckily the margin problem is gone. Unfortunately a week's worth of edits have disappeared from certain documents and appear unrecoverable. This is a mess.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Incognito mode also solves the issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I was able to fix this by uninstalling adblock and reinstalling it again
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/docs/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic