Zoom or change your document view
You can change how you view a document or spreadsheet, like making the text bigger or hiding the toolbar at the top.
To zoom in a slide, you can use keyboard shortcuts.
Zoom in or out
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs or a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- In the toolbar, click 100%.
- Choose how big you want your text or enter a number from 50 to 200.
- In Google Docs, to make the document as wide as the browser window, click Fit.
Change your view
- On your computer, open a document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
- On the toolbar, click View, then click an option.
- Full screen: Hides the menu and toolbar. To exit full screen, on your keyboard, press Esc or Escape.
- Print layout: This option is only available in Google Docs. See your headers, footers, and margins between pages as if you’d printed the document.
Note: Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides remember your most recent view. When you change your view, it doesn’t change for anyone else looking at the file.
Mary is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.